Trademarks, Brands, Patents, Designs, Made in Italy, Copyrights, Competition Law, Contracts and Enforcement

22 gennaio 2008

The Chinese Job?

Lorenzo Litta


Browsing the web recently I discovered several "clones" of famous cars and I posted several times my comments about this matter, like happened for Panda, Smart, X5... Today I'm coming back to this wonderful issue to show you the new "sister", always coming from China and it is a five-doors MINI. I thought it was just my imagination, but I deem now that it is not: someone else in the world believed that it could be a great success to add two doors to a MINI, one of the trendy cars, running away in our cities...

From Carscoop:
Here we go again; the list with Chinese knockoffs has been enhanced with the addition of a MINI clone made by a carmaker called Lifan. The Lifan 3-Series (how ironic…) was introduced to the Chinese media today, and according to the translation we made from the clonemaker’s official site, the MINI(cat) will go on sale in China during the first half of the year. Amusingly, Lifan decided to create a 5-door version of BMW Group’s MINI. Even though the Lifan 320 is somewhat disproportioned compared to the original MINI, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the resemblances between
the two cars. Check out other Chinese clones here: Cadillac, Smart, Panda, Scion & Toyota RAV-4
How many five-doors MINIs will be necessary for a third remake of "The Italian Job"? Do you feel that this time has to be called "The Chinese Job"? I await your comments!

Nessun commento: