Dr. Francis Gurry (born May 17, 1951) is the new WIPO General Director: as per what we discover from Wikipedia, he is a former Australian attorney and former Deputy Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). He was appointed at this post in 2003.
He joined the WIPO in 1985. He holds law degrees from the University of Melbourne and a Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom. Dr. Francis Gurry is also the founder and head of WIPO's Arbitration and Mediation Center.
Good Luck Mr. Gurry!
* Confidential Information, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1981
* Breach of Confidence, Clarendon Press, New York, Oxford University Press, 1984, ISBN 0198253788 (re-printed 1990)
* with Frederick M. Abbott, Thomas Cottier, The International Intellectual Property System: Commentary and Materials, Kluwer Law International, 1999, ISBN 9041193227
* with Frederick M. Abbott, Thomas Cottier, International Intellectual Property in an Integrated World Economy, Aspen Publishers, 2007, ISBN 9780735539587
* The Cambrian explosion, IIC, Vol. 38 No. 3, 2007, pp 255-258